No two clients are the same and I don't use a rigid approach. Here's some examples of the sort of work I do:
The Raiser's Edge 7 and NXT
- Analysing your system and recommending adjustments in the structure of your data, its quality or the procedures you use, and then implementing those changes. This is the most common service requested and will help you see the most dramatic changes to the usefulness of your database.
- Helping you make sense of fields that are crucial for Raiser's Edge to function well, such as Campaigns, Appeals and Constituent Codes. Setting up best practice structures for optional functions like Attributes, Actions, the Prospect module and Events module.
- Preparing segments for mailings and emails, designing the criteria, managing duplicates and generating files for your mailing house. Setting up structures to track the mailing response and fixing inherited problems so you can run appeals more smoothly with better outcomes.
- Troubleshooting reports, identifying the root causes of lengthy workarounds and manual data manipulation. Implementing solutions so you can use reports and dashboards the way they were intended.
- Performing a targeted sweep of duplicates and other troublesome data so you can get on with using the full potential of the system.
- Preparing and importing large quantities of new records. These might be donors and gifts following a fundraising event or a long list of alumni and parents at the end of the academic year.
- Designing a training programme to meet your needs, from a webinar to refresh knowledge on a specific subject to a full course for new staff.
- Performing a software gap analysis when you are considering moving to another system, identifying likely challenges and issues that will need fixing and making a recommendation on whether you should stay or go.
NetCommunity & Online Express
- Conducting an assessment of your NetCommunity (BBNC) or Online Express (OLX) and its connection with your Raiser's Edge, recommending adjustments to get it working smoothly and cleaning up any nagging data issues.
- Re-designing your BBNC site to match a new brand or fixing code to make your site look and perform better.
- Setting up a mini BBNC site for a special campaign or fundraising event.
- Troubleshooting your BBNC or OLX email campaigns to make them more effective; making a recommendation on which email service to use (BBNC, OLX or NXT web view) to best meet your needs.
- Taking care of items on your wishlist that you never have time to address.
- Creating a training programme on specific topics or a start-to-finish course for new staff.
- Analysing your eTapestry database to assess data quality and recommending actions to make it work harder for you.
- Performing a full cleanup of your data, targeting faulty addresses, duplicates and redundant information.
- Implementing key fields and structures to enable more useful reporting, such as Account Type and Prospect tracking.
- Importing new records and updates to existing donors following an appeal or event.
- Creating a reliable segmentation process for your mailings and emails.
- Setting up a maintenance schedule with guidance on what to do to keep your database in good shape.
Questions? If this sounds like the sort of help you need, contact me to find out more.